A (Growing) Collection of Book Recommendations and Reviews.
Want something good to read? Here's what I suggest...

2.28.2006

A Book List

Months ago, I decided I would love to start a book-review blog.

Now, months later, I decide to make my first post, and as I can't pick a book to review at this moment, I'll give you a list.

Books you may want to read. Books I recommend.

Off the top of my head (in no particular order):


Peter Pan by Sir James M. Barrie (Always and forever on my list, near the top)

I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith (no relation)

Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen (the only Austen I have completed to date)

Once Upon a Marigold by Jean Ferris

Dear Enemy by Jack Cavanaugh

Have Spacesuit, Will Travel by Robert A. Heinlein

Podkayne of Mars by Robert A. Heinlein

Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones

Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons

Spook by Mary Roach

Sisters of the Quantock Hills series by Ruth Elwin Harris

The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo

Mary Poppins by P.L. Travers

The Truest Pleasure by Robert Morgan

Griffin & Sabine: An Extraordinary Correspondence by Nick Bantock

Contact by Carl Sagan

The Piano Tuner: A Novel by Daniel Mason

Joy in the Morning by Betty Smith

Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl

The Princess Bride by William Goldman

Clockwork by Philip Pullman

The Devil's Arithmetic by Jane Yolen

Peter and the Starcatchers by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson


And that is where I shall end for now, with a sort-of prequel to the first book on the list. Seems fitting, yes?


Hopefully, soon, I'll begin reviewing these books and others, one by one.

Please bear with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home